Stock Broker Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why are you the best candidate for us?
2. What are your short-term career goals?
3. Have you worked in sales before?
4. How do you conduct research on companies and markets?
5. What qualities do you feel are essential to being a successful stock broker?
6. What do you know about our firm?
7. Take me through a recent portfolio you have won over.
8. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume.
9. What are your current responsibilities as a stock broker?
10. Give me an example of a time you successfully handled a high pressure situation.
11. Where do you predict interest rates going in the next 6 months?
12. How do you manage working in a constantly stressful environment?
13. Why do you want to work for our Broker Firm?
14. Are you comfortable cold calling? Tell me about any cold calling experience that you have.
15. Bring your resume to life for me.
16. What is your proudest career accomplishment to date?
17. Would you buy stock in the market right now?
18. Tell me where the DOW closed at yesterday.
19. Discuss any experience you have had abroad.
20. Our industry has a very high turn over rate. Why do you feel you will be one to make it long-term in this industry?
21. What is the most recent business article you have read? What were your thoughts on the story?
22. Why do you want to work for our firm in particular? What was it about the job posting that attracted you?
23. Would you consider yourself a calculated risk-taker?
24. What is your favorite financial market information resource?
25. If given this opportunity, how would you build trust with our clients?
26. What is the largest portfolio you have managed?
27. How would you market yourself? Why is that an important part of being a stock broker?
28. What do you enjoy about sales?
29. Are you comfortable generating leads? Tell me about your experience doing so.
30. How would you describe your sales technique?
31. Does money drive you to succeed? What other factors motivate you?