Statistician Interview Questions Go Back
1. Explain to me the 80/20 rule.
2. What was the largest data set that you processed? How did you process it?
3. Would you say you are creative? When have you shown creativity?
4. What studies have you worked on in the past?
5. Why do you feel statistics are important?
6. Do you have experience working with SQL?
7. How do you like to present your data findings to your coworkers?
8. How would you explain a p-value to a novice?
9. Why is mean square error a bad measure of model performance?
10. How would you rate your education? What things would you like to improve upon?
11. Why did you enter a career in statistics?
12. What do you know about our company?
13. What is your dream data set, if you could have access to anything?
14. What is model fitting?
15. Tell me about a data project you have done that was successful. What made it successful?
16. What are your salary expectations?
17. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
18. What are your career aspirations beyond this job?
19. What leadership qualities do you possess?
20. What makes you a great problem solver?
22. Tell me about yourself.
23. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
24. Tell me about a contribution you made to the last team you worked on.
25. What is your biggest strength when it comes to mathematics?
26. Tell me about your post-secondary education.
27. Why are you looking for a new position?
28. What do you enjoy most about your career as a Statistician?
29. What do you dislike the most about being a Statistician?
30. Do you have experience with database design?
31. What was the last thing that you did for fun?
32. What is your favorite algorithm? Can you explain it to me?
33. Tell me the last time you had completely unexpected results. What did you do after?
34. What do you think our company can offer that you are not receiving in your current role?
35. Tell me about a time you led a difficult project.