Stage Manager Interview Questions Go Back
1. What stage management duties do you consider the most challenging on our job posting?
2. What was the most successful production you have worked on, and in your opinion, what contributed to its success?
3. Give me an example of your ability to handle stressful situations.
4. What excites you the most about this position?
5. Tell me about your stage management experience.
6. Tell me about your educational qualifications, and how they will contribute to your success in this position.
7. Why are you the best candidate for us?
8. How have you, or would you, deal with conflicts that emerge in a professional environment?
9. When deadlines approach, how do you deal with them?
10. How do you stay organized?
11. Tell me about your team management skills by providing an example.
12. How do you approach a script when reading it for the first time?
13. What was your first show as a Stage Manager, or in a position where you had stage management responsibilities?
14. Tell me in what capacity your education has prepared you for a career as a Stage Manager.
15. Which responsibility on the job posting do you consider the most challenging, and why?
16. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
17. What is your greatest weakness, and what are you doing to improve it?
18. What are your greatest strengths, and how will they help you as a Stage Manager?
19. Why did you or do you wish to pursue a career as Stage Manager?
20. Why should we hire you?