Staff Accountant Interview Questions Go Back
1. If I gave you a ten key pad, and a list of numbers, could you enter them in without looking at the key pad?
2. What accounting software packages have you used?
3. What kinds of management reports have you prepared?
4. How would your former employer describe you?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. What work objectives did you set for this year and what steps have you taken to ensure you will achieve them?
7. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
8. Are you willing to work overtime, nights, weekends?
9. What motivates you to perform your best?
10. What do you know about our company?
11. Give me examples of the accounting reports you have prepared.
12. Tell me about a suggestion or successful contribution you have made in your past job or in college?
13. What cost-cutting measures have you been responsible for implementing?
14. Do you work well under pressure?
15. Give us an example of how you have used your creativity to solve a problem on the job.
16. Why have you chosen a career in accounting?
17. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the different accounting packages you have used.
18. How proficient are you with Excel?
19. How do you prioritize your work?
20. Are you detail oriented?
21. If hired, how do you intend on making a difference with our company?
22. How much money have you saved the company and how did you do this?
23. What is your greatest strength? How does it help you as an Accountant?
24. Why are you the best accountant for us?
25. What do you consider to be the biggest challenge facing the accounting profession today?
26. What are your career goals?
27. How do you handle stressful situations?
28. How have you implemented recent tax changes in your company?