Special Education Teacher Interview Questions Go Back
1. What do you believe, makes you effective at teaching special needs students?
2. How can you illustrate to me your dependability?
3. What was your most difficult course in college?
4. How do you handle yourself under stress?
5. If you could do anything different in your education, what would you do?
6. What makes you stand out among other applicants?
7. Why should we hire you?
8. When did you make the decision to teach autistic students?
9. What do you feel are the most important qualities in being a good Teacher?
10. Tell me about a stressful time in your life. How did you handle it?
11. Have you ever had to calm a person down, what happened?
12. How do you feel about working with students, that can sometimes be difficult due to their circumstance?
13. Explain to me an IEP? What is the difference from an IEP and a CSE?
14. What are your 2 weakest points?
15. Who is your greatest role model?
16. Do you have experience creating and maintaining documentation on your students?
17. What do you know about our educational program?
18. How would you describe your passion for teaching children?
19. How will you work cooperatively with other faculty members in educating these students?
20. When did you realize you wanted to be a special education teacher?
21. To what specific area of special education are you most attracted and why?
22. What are your 2 greatest strengths?
23. Has their ever been an autistic or special needs child in your life that has inspired you?
24. What exposures have you had in Teaching?
25. How would friends describe you?
26. What do you think you will most like about being a Special Educator?