Social Work Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your ideal schedule?
2. How does the work in this organization fit your professional mission?
3. After reviewing our job description, what do you feel makes you most qualified for this position with us?
4. What is your experience with the target population that you will be working with?
5. What are your professional qualifications?
6. How has your education/work experience prepared you for this position?
7. What action steps would you take to remove children from an unsafe home environment?
8. Are you able to work well with a team?
9. What have been your most difficult type of client thus far?
10. What do you hope to accomplish at this company?
11. Social work is stressful and difficult at times. How do you handle the pressure?
12. How do you plan out your day to ensure that all priorities are met?
13. What are your career goals? For the next 5 years? The next 10 years?
14. How do you define success in your work and personal life?
15. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume?
16. Why do you want this job? Why do you want to work for this organization?
17. What have been your most desirable clients in your social work career so far?
18. Why are you interested in this agency?
19. What do you hope to accomplish in your career as a social worker?
20. What kind of supervision do work best with?
21. Do you feel comfortable working with adoptions?
22. What would your most recent supervisor say about you?
23. What is your greatest strength? How does it help you with your career in social work?
24. How would you handle visiting a family and coming to the realization that they are neglecting/abusing their children?
25. What would you like to learn here?
26. What is your communication style?
27. Have you done this type of work in the past?
28. When working with adoption cases, what do you find the most difficult and how do you manage your emotions?
29. When working with child abuse cases, what do you find the most difficult and how do you manage your emotions?
30. Are you able to work overtime, evenings or weekends as needed?