Senior Auditor Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What qualities or skills do you believe a good auditor should possess?
2. How do you manage your manager? In other words, what steps do you take to make sure you get what you need from your boss and make both your lives easier?
3. What are some of the ways that you can show professionalism when out on an audit assignment?
4. How do you mitigate and manage stress?
5. How would you handle working in an increasingly remote environment?
6. What is your experience with interacting with senior executives at various organizations?
7. Why do you want to work at ABC Public Accountants?
8. Are you open to travel with this position?
9. What would you do if during an audit you found an accounting practice that was suspicious?
10. How would you deliver excellent customer service to clients in your role as Senior Auditor?
11. As a Senior Auditor, what are some steps you can take to guide new staff when out on client engagements?
12. Why do you want to be a Senior Auditor?
13. Explain how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act changed the auditing profession.
14. As external auditors, how can we rely on the work of internal auditors?
15. How do you feel your experience as a Staff Auditor has prepared you for the Senior Auditor role?
16. What are the differences between an audit, a review and a compilation?
17. What is the purpose of audit documentation?
18. Have you sat for the CPA exam or are you planning to sit for the CPA exam?
19. How do you keep up with the latest developments in auditing standards?
20. What is the difference between fraud and error?
21. Why do companies require audits?
22. In an audit, who is primarily responsible for the prevention and detection of fraud?
23. What is the auditor's responsibility when planning an audit?
24. In your opinion, why is it important for organizations to have effective internal controls?
25. What are analytical procedures and what are some examples?