Security Guard Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why do you want to be a security guard here?
2. Do you work well under pressure?
3. Are you CPR/First Aid certified?
4. Are you okay with a background check?
5. What's your ideal job or task, as a security guard?
6. What is the most serious conflict you have faced as a security guard? How did you handle it?
7. What do you think the threats are, and why we need a security guard here?
8. Why are you the best candidate for us?
9. Why should we hire you?
10. Describe a time when you had to work with a team to solve a problem at a former security job.
11. Describe a time on the job when you felt as if you were in physical danger. What happened?
12. Are you CPR Certified? If not, why? And do you plan on getting your certification?
13. How do you keep focused during your shifts?
14. Have you worked with other security guards in a team environment before? How well do you communicate with them?
15. What motivates you to protect our customers, building, operations, etc?
16. How does this position, fit into your career plans?
17. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
18. What do you know about this organization and facility?
19. What is your greatest strength?
20. Describe a time when you had to deal with an assault. How did you handle the situation? Is there anything you would have done differently?
21. Tell me about a time when you successfully dealt with an angry member of the public not with physical force, but with only your words.
22. Did you ever call off work from your last position? What were the reasons if you did.
23. What qualifies you for this job?
24. Are you a detail oriented person?
25. Do you have prior experience as a Security Guard?
26. What surveillance systems are you familiar with?
27. Are you a reliable person?
28. How do you handle stressful situations?
29. How important is being on time or early for work, to you?
30. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?