Respiratory Therapists Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me about your education.
2. Why should we hire you?
3. What do you know about our healthcare facility?
4. Tell me about a character trait that makes you a good candidate for this job?
5. What was the best thing you learned during your clinical training with patients?
6. If you could spend more time studying one particular respiratory illness, what would it be?
7. What do you like least about being a respiratory therapist?
8. Does providing emergency care to a patient suffering from heart attacks, drowning, or shock make you nervous?
9. Walk me through how you interview a patient.
10. What was the most difficult part of schooling?
11. Are you comfortable conducting a patient interview?
12. What is your greatest strength?
13. If you could not be a respiratory therapist, what career would you choose?
14. What types of patients do you have the most difficulty treating?
15. Can you work overtime, weekends, and holidays?
16. Where do you see yourself in five years?
17. How do you handle stressful situations?
18. What motivates you to want to help people?
19. Why is measuring a patient's PH levels important?
20. What do you like most about being a respiratory therapist?
21. What kind of work environment do you thrive in?
22. What are you looking for in an employer?
23. How has your education prepared you for this career?
24. Are you a people person?
25. Do you work well under pressure?
26. How do you make sure you are using your time effectively?
27. Have you worked with a patient with a condition that was beyond your scope of practice? How did you handle it?
28. Why did you decide to work in this field?
29. How would your former employer describe you?
30. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
31. How do gain the respect of your teammates when start a new job?
32. Tell me about the conditions you are most familiar with treating.
33. How would you handle a situation that could cause you to miss work?