Registered Nurse Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Tell us about a time you were proud of your healthcare team. What role did you play in that effort?
2. Talk about a time you had to deal with a significant change in your work procedures or workplace. How did you handle that change?
3. How much supervision do you feel you would need in your initial months on the job here at our organization?
4. If hired at our organization, how would you ensure that patients receive education and information in terms that they understand?
5. Tell me about a time you had to communicate bad news to a patient. How did you effectively communicate that news, and what was the outcome?
6. If I were to talk with some recent patients that you interacted with, how would they describe you?
7. What professional nursing organizations do you belong to, and which ones would you like to join in the future?
8. What is your work availability? Are you able to work nights? Weekends?
9. If you were working as a Registered Nurse at our organization and didn't know the answer to something, what resources would you use to find the right answer?
10. If hired for this position, what would you say is your ideal patient load that you are able to handle comfortably and effectively?
11. How do you approach the documentation of patient records? Do you use specific strategies?
12. What aspects of our organization drew you to apply here as a Registered Nurse?
13. Can you handle the physical requirement of this job as a Registered Nurse?
14. What makes you the ideal candidate to join our organization as a Registered Nurse?
15. What motivates you to provide quality nursing care, and how will you bring this to our organization?
16. How do you stay current on the latest news, breakthroughs, and education in the field of nursing?
17. What patient education skills would you bring to our team as a Registered Nurse?
18. What IV skills as a Registered Nurse would you bring to our team?
19. What supervising or mentoring experiences would you bring to the nursing team at our organization?
20. During you career as a Registered Nurse, have you been open to participating on any project teams or other administrative projects?
21. How do you make seamless transitions during shift changes?
22. Tell me about a time you cared for a patient whose values or beliefs were different from yours. How did you handle the situation?
23. Tell me about a time you committed a medical error in your nursing career. How did you handle that situation, and what did you learn from it that you can bring to our organization?
24. If you noticed a colleague not taking proper safety precautions on the job, how would you handle that situation?
25. Describe a recent issue you had with a doctor or co-worker's decision. How did you handle it?
26. Talk about a time you had to handle an irate colleague or patient. How did you handle that situation, and what was the result?
27. How do you prioritize your work when multiple patients and procedures demand your attention at once?
28. Talk about the most stressful situation you've had to deal with in the workplace. What did you learn from that situation that you can bring to our team?
29. What is your preferred role in a larger team of Registered Nurses on a unit?
30. Describe your typical relationship with physicians you work with. What would your ideal physician relationship be at our organization?