Purchasing Manager Interview Questions Go Back
1. What tools do you use to keep track of progress on your projects?
2. What are your career goals?
3. What type of experience do you have in creating budgets?
4. How do you prioritize your work?
5. If we buy a customized product from a single source, how will you know if the price is fair?
6. How would your former employer describe you?
7. Give an example when you have had a dispute with a supplier? How did you handle it?
8. What is the most difficult situation you have had to face and how did you tackle it?
9. What do you enjoy about this industry?
10. What kind of work environment do you thrive in?
11. Do you work well on a team or prefer to work independently?
12. What kind of pressures have you encountered at work?
13. Why are you the best purchasing manager for us?
14. How will you go about determining this company's purchasing patterns?
15. When will your current project be completed, or when will be the next logical time to be able to leave on good terms with your team?
16. How do you ensure successful tracking of inventory?
17. Have you completed your Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management or Operations Management? If not, are you interested in obtaining your degree?
18. Are you a CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager)?
19. If hired, how long do you plan on working for us?
20. When have you had to change suppliers due to poor quality of their product?
21. Do you manage your time well?
22. How do you handle stressful situations?
23. Give an example of how you dealt with a supplier who did not deliver on the agreed upon date?
24. Do you have experience visiting a suppliers plant before purchasing? What are the things you are looking for when considering their products?
25. Are you open and available to travel for work?
26. What steps do you take to determine whether or not a price the suppler is offering is reasonable?
27. When have you negotiated a much lower price with a supplier?
28. What makes a great Purchasing Manager?
29. Tell me what you know about us.
30. Why did you choose to apply at our company?
31. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume.
32. If hired, how do you intend on making a difference with our company?
33. What aspect of supervision do you find most difficult?
34. Do you have managing experience?
35. What techniques do you use in motivating employees?
36. Tell us about your experience in negotiations.
37. What are your long term goals as a purchasing manager?
38. If you could change one aspect of the purchasing process, what would you change?
39. What will bring purchasing to the C-Level dialog?