Power Plant Operator Interview Questions Go Back
1. Where do you think one third of the electricity we generate at this power plant, goes?
2. How can you tell the difference between induced draft and forced draft?
3. Explain to me why some cooling towers are 300 feet tall, and others look like a 30 by 30 foot cubicle on top of a building?
4. What is your long-term career goal?
5. What do you do when your time schedule or project plan is upset by unforeseen circumstances?
6. Do you remember your steam tables?
7. What is the temperature steam turns into dry steam?
8. Why is coal crushed to a powder before being fed into a boiler?
9. How important is safety to you?
10. Why does steam have to be heated to the temperature it is, before entering a turbine?
11. What has been your greatest accomplishment as a Power Plant Operator?
12. Why are you the best Power Plant Operator for us?
13. After we make electricity, why do we increase the voltage before sending it to the grid?
14. What is your greatest weakness and what steps are you taking to improve?
15. Describe a difficult project and how you overcame the challenges.
16. What excites you the most about a career as a Power Plant Operator?
17. What is your philosophy towards work?
18. What do you feel is an acceptable work attendance record?
19. What is your secret to a successful career as a Power Plant Operator?
20. What is 'lockout- tagout'; or 'lock and tag'?
21. Do you enjoy working with your hands?
22. What are the primary differences from a natural gas power plant to a coal power plant?
23. What made you choose a career as a Power Plant Operator?
24. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
25. How do you handle stress and pressure?
26. What is your greatest strength and how do you feel it will help you in this role?