Physical Therapist Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Are there any unique skills or techniques that you would bring to our group?
2. What made you choose physical therapy over other health professions?
3. Tell me about a time you gave excellent patient care.
4. Are you physically fit and do you exercise?
5. Which population are you excited to work with?
6. Describe your typical work week.
7. Give me an example of a tough patient you had to deal with.
8. How do you stay organized?
9. How would you handle a situation where a patient you had been working with requested another therapist or a move to another therapy clinic?
10. Have you ever been interested in treating sports injuries?
11. In what capacity have you worked with PT Assistants? What role do you feel they play in the rehabilitation of a patient?
12. Are you available to do outreach to other clinics or make in-home visits?
13. Talk about a time there was miscommunication in the treatment of a patient. How did you handle that situation?
14. What brings stress to your world as a Physical Therapist? How do you handle stressful situations in the workplace?
15. How do you motivate your patients in their rehabilitation process?
16. Talk about a time where you had to involve the family or caregivers of a patient you were working with? In what capacity did you have to involve them?
17. How do you keep yourself up to date in the field of Physical Therapy?
18. How would you work differently with an older patient?
19. Are you comfortable delegating work?
20. What excites you the most about being a Physical Therapist?
21. Being a Physical Therapist allows you to see progress in your patients, does this motivate you? Why?
22. Tell me about a situation where you showed a great deal of patience?
23. Being with a single patient for an hour can be tiring, how can you overcome that?
24. Describe the steps you take when reviewing a patients medication.
25. Talk about a recent problem that you faced as a Physical Therapist. How did you go about solving the problem?
26. What work setting do you prefer?
27. What is your style of leadership?
28. How do you educate your patients?
29. What classes or professors had the most impact on you?
30. How would your co-workers describe you?
31. What experiences have you had that made you a better person?
32. What is your greatest strength as a Physical Therapist?
33. Discuss a patient plan that you designed and implemented.
34. How would you rehabilitate or strengthen the tibialis anterior muscle?