Painter Interview Questions Go Back
1. Do you prefer edging with tape, or without?
2. As a painter, do you have any experience being your own boss? Handling customers and employees?
3. Typically how many coats of paint do you prefer applying to any job for perfection?
4. For an airless paint sprayer, what size tip do you typically use to spray a closet?
5. What would you do if you could not be a painter?
6. Do you have experience using an airless paint sprayer?
7. When did you decide you wanted to become a painter?
8. Do you have experience using a lift or a boom?
9. How long have you been a painter?
10. How familiar are you with this market? Any experience painting here?
11. Where do you see yourself as a painter in five years?
12. Tell me about a painting project which you are very proud of.
13. How important is quality to you? Give an example of something where the quality of your paint job turned out really well.
14. Do you use a roll on brush or a paint sprayer? In what situations do you use the other?
15. What is more important, the money or the job?
16. Have you removed wall paper before? What is your easiest and most effective method?
17. What was the most difficult room you have painted before?
18. How do you stay focused and committed to a room while painting?
19. Do you have any problems climbing tall ladders?
20. Do you have your own hand tools?
21. Do you have your own car to get to and from work?
22. What is your most challenging piece of work you have completed?
23. When you arrive for a single room repaint, what is the order of operations?
24. The job specs are for prime and paint and you come across some wood rot. What is your next move?
25. Do you have experience patching holes? If a hole is roughly 4-6 inches in diameter, what do you do?