Nursing Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me about your leadership experience.
2. Are you specialized in a particular area, i.e. neo-natal, pediatric, geriatric, or women's health?
3. When a patient passes, how do you respond when family members arrive?
4. What is your favorite type of patient?
5. What was your least favorite patient? What was the situation.
6. Can you explain in detail how you would appropriately transfer a resident from a bed to a wheel chair?
7. How do you stay current on the latest health research?
8. What questions do you have for me?
9. How would you describe your communication style?
10. How do you use your downtime?
11. Why will you be the best nurse on this unit?
12. Have you ever had to deal with accusations of negligence or malpractice? How did you handle it?
13. How do you prioritize when multiple patients and procedures demand your attention at once?
14. What are your strengths?
15. How will you earn the respect of your teammates?
16. What is your ideal work environment?
17. Describe your typical relationship with physicians you work with.
18. Tell me about a time in which you had to handle an irate physician, co-worker, or patient. How did you handle it and what were the results?
19. How do you make seamless transitions on shift changes?
20. Describe a recent issue you had with a doctor or co-worker's decision. How did you handle it?
21. How do you deal with stress at work?
22. How have you responded when your supervisor asked you to work an additional shift to fill vacancies?
23. What are your greatest strengths?
24. What do you do if your shift is almost over but there is still work to be done and a patient requests your assistance?
25. What was your proudest moment as a nurse so far?
26. What motivates you?
27. What frustrates you?
28. What are some issues in the nursing field you would like to see change?
29. Priorities often change suddenly throughout the day. If you are asked to quickly do another task while you are in the middle of something, how do you respond?
30. How do you respond to a grumpy patient in pain?
31. How do you handle criticism?
32. Describe a challenging problem you faced during one of your clinical rotations. How did you deal with it?
33. Describe a situation in which you found yourself working with someone who was very sensitive.
34. Where do you see yourself in five years?
35. Tell me about your education.
36. Give an example of when you did something without being asked.
37. What are some areas that need improvement?
38. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you handle it?
39. What is the one thing that you have done as a student nurse that has changed the course for a patient?
40. How would you respond when asked to perform a task outside of your job description?
41. Why do you want to work for us?
42. How do you handle situations that could cause you to be tardy or absent?
43. Describe your work ethic.
44. How do you minimize potential spread of infectious diseases when working with patients?