News Producer Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why did you decide to become a producer?
2. What is your favorite part about being a news producer?
3. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
4. What part of producing are your most nervous about?
5. How do you decide what stories are most important to cover?
6. What are your salary expectations?
7. What is your favorite part of watching the news?
8. Why is producing the best career path for you?
9. What types of changes can you make to scripts to improve the quality of a newscast?
10. What is your experience with making quick decisions?
11. If you could start your career over again, what route would you take?
12. Why is a job in this city/state/community the right fit for you?
13. What is your experience leading a team?
14. How would you describe your organizational skills?
15. Why do you think this job is a good fit?
16. What types of shows are your favorite to produce?
17. What is your experience with editing video?
18. What is your experience with the latest news formatting software?
19. What interests in your life have lead you down the path to becoming a producer?
20. What time of the day do you work best?
21. What is your familiarity with this television market?
22. How do you work under stress?
23. How do you find new story ideas?
24. What are your career aspirations after this job?
25. What is your experience with social media?
26. How will your producing improve the quality of our television station?