News Producer Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why did you decide to become a producer?
2. What is your favorite part about being a news producer?
3. What is your experience leading a team?
4. How will your producing improve the quality of our television station?
5. Why is a job in this city/state/community the right fit for you?
6. If you could start your career over again, what route would you take?
7. What is your experience with making quick decisions?
8. What types of changes can you make to scripts to improve the quality of a newscast?
9. Why is producing the best career path for you?
10. What is your favorite part of watching the news?
11. What are your salary expectations?
12. How do you decide what stories are most important to cover?
13. What part of producing are your most nervous about?
14. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
15. How would you describe your organizational skills?
16. What is your experience with social media?
17. What are your career aspirations after this job?
18. How do you find new story ideas?
19. How do you work under stress?
20. What is your familiarity with this television market?
21. What time of the day do you work best?
22. What interests in your life have lead you down the path to becoming a producer?
23. What is your experience with the latest news formatting software?
24. What is your experience with editing video?
25. What types of shows are your favorite to produce?
26. Why do you think this job is a good fit?