News Director Interview Questions Go Back
1. How would you describe yourself as a manager?
2. What is your experience with firing an employee?
3. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
4. What is your favorite type of story?
5. By this time in your career, you should have advanced further, what has slowed down your career progression?
6. In what ways do you voice your opinion on story ideas to the newsroom?
7. How well do you work under stress?
8. What incentives do you give your employees to produce good work?
9. What is your experience working with a sales department?
10. How do you decide which stories are the most important to cover for the day?
11. What influenced you to become a manager?
12. What are your career aspirations beyond this point?
13. What unique skills can you offer to our news department?
14. What is your experience managing finances for a department?
15. What are your ethical practices?
16. What are your salary expectations?
17. Why do you want to become a news director?
18. How does this position fit into your career plans?
19. Why is this job right for you at this time?
20. Why did you decide to get into the news industry?
21. How will you elevate our company?
22. How do you plan to improve our viewership and ratings?
23. How do you balance time between news, sales, and marketing departments?
24. What qualities do you look for in reporters?
25. What qualities do you look for in hiring new producers?
26. Why is this city/state/community a good fit for you?
27. What experience do you have writing and editing story scripts?
28. How do you plan to allocate spare money for the quarter?
29. What other experience do you have working in news or management?
30. How do you find qualified candidates for news positions to hire?