Mortgage Loan Processor Interview Questions Go Back
1. What's your ideal company to work for?
2. During the loan process, if someone is not doing their job right, what do you do?
3. Where at in the processing do you usually run into delays, and what steps do you take to avoid them?
4. Name for me four different types of mortgages and why a client would select each one.
5. What are the biggest challenges you face in processing?
6. How reliable of a worker are you?
7. Are you familiar with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Selling Guides?
8. What do you feel is your favorite thing about loan processing?
9. How confident are you in making crucial decisions?
10. What have you done in the past year to make yourself a better Mortgage Loan Processor?
11. How do you determine your daily work priorities?
12. What is your greatest strength?
13. Do you have experience using Desktop Originator?
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
15. Why do you believe you are a good fit for our company culture?
16. What do you know about our company?
17. Which loan origination system software are you most familiar with?
18. Tell me about your education/training.
19. How do you react when a client receives an unfavorable mortgage decision that is outside of your control?
20. How familiar are you with Truth In Lending regulations? How closely do you follow this federal mandate?
21. How confident are you with calculating Loan-To-Value ratios?
22. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how confident are you with your knowledge and skill in Loan Prospector (LP)?
23. How often are you given new business through referrals?
24. Do you enjoy talking to clients, and building relationships with them?
25. What skills do you feel are most essential in order to be a successful Mortgage Loan Processor?
26. What are your career goals as a Mortgage Loan Processor?
27. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
28. Do you work well under pressure?
29. Do you feel you do a good job of juggling multiple tasks at one time on a consistent basis?
30. What lenders have you worked with? Which are you most familiar with?
31. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how confident are you with your knowledge and skill in Desktop Underwriter (DU)?
32. How confident are you with reviewing pay stubs to calculate income accurately? Walk me through your calculations.
33. Why do you think you are the strongest candidate for the job? Explain what makes you different and/or more valuable than other Mortgage Loan Processors?
34. How well do you feel you know standard Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) guidelines?