Medical Transcriptionist Interview Questions Go Back
1. How would you describe your previous supervisor? Qualities you liked and disliked about them?
2. Do you double check your work?
3. If you can't understand a recording, what do you typically do?
4. Are you self motivated? Give an example.
5. Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor?
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
7. Do you work better independently or on a team?
8. What was your greatest accomplishment as a medical transcriptionist?
9. Tell me about your training and when you realized you wanted to be a medical transcriptionist.
10. Was your accuracy level tracked in your last position? Tell me about your ability to submit accurate work.
11. Explain how you would be an asset to this organization.
12. What is your secret to a successful career as a medical transcriptionist?
13. How do you get a peer or colleague to accept one of your ideas?
14. How do you keep track of work so that it gets done on time?
15. Why do you want a career as a medical transcriptionist?
16. How strong is your medical terminology?
17. Are you able to cope with stressful situations?
18. What was your biggest disappointment as a medical transcriptionist?
19. What are your salary expecations?
20. How do you build relationships when you are new to an office?
21. What do you know about our hospital?
22. How would your patients describe you?
23. How many doctors and health care professionals have you supported in the past?
24. Are you stronger with recorded dictation or live dictation?
25. How strong are your follow up skills?
26. Are you familiar with patient confidentiality guidelines?
27. Are you familiar with electronic health care records?
28. Would you be willing to attend training to advance your career?
29. As a medical transcriptionist you must have excellent computer skills. Tell me your top 3 programs and one area in which you would like to improve.
30. How do you handle a patient yelling at you?