Manufacturing Engineer Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. How will you plan to work with the operational management to be successful at your job?
2. What is the importance of communication?
3. Do you have any previous safety training?
4. What do you believe is an individual's role when working with a team?
5. Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure.
6. If a customer requests that you share data that you feel may be damaging to your company, how do you react?
7. When visiting a potential equipment supplier, how would you evaluate their readiness for a project?
8. Do you have any applicable certifications? Are there any certifications which you would like to pursue while you work here?
9. How do you go about identifying potential projects that you should be working on?
10. How do you measure your success as a manufacturing engineer?
11. You identify that a key aspect of a process is that a piece of expendable tooling be changed every 500 cycles. How do you ensure that the maintenance team is adhering to the required frequency of this change?
12. What has been your involvement with new product launch?
13. Please describe the benefits to using a structured problem-solving methodology to solve a problem.
14. If you are asked to troubleshoot a problem and are having trouble establishing the root cause, what would be your next step?
15. What is your experience with solid modeling/CAD?
16. What is your experience with Work Instructions/ SOPs/Standardized Work?
17. What is your experience with APQP?
18. How do you work with operators on the floor to be successful at your job?
19. Once you have received multiple quotes for a project, how do you go about making a final supplier selection?
20. What is your willingness to work a flexible schedule? Are you open to working odd hours, evenings, holidays, or weekends?
21. A team member approaches you and advises you that a piece of equipment you have installed is not functioning correctly. How do you proceed?
22. In an area you are responsible for, you observe a production team member who is not completing their job as it is specified in the work instructions. How do you handle this situation?
23. What is your experience leading cost reduction activities?
24. What is your experience with TPS/Lean manufacturing?
25. What is your experience regarding the reduction of scrap?
26. As a Manufacturing Engineer, how do you see yourself fitting in to the day-to-day operations of the business?
27. Please explain why it is important to have a detailed specification when quoting equipment?
28. How does your previous work experience make you a good candidate for this position?
29. How does your education make you a good candidate for this position?
30. What are your greatest strengths?
31. Why are you interested in the position of manufacturing engineer?