Maintenance Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me about your work ethic. Do you have a working motto?
2. What types of general maintenance or repairs would you like to be more familiar with?
3. What do you know about our facility?
4. What types of general maintenance or repairs are you most familiar with?
5. What plumbing experience do you have?
6. Why did you choose a career in maintenance?
7. Why are you qualified to be our maintenance person?
8. How do you handle stressful situations?
9. What's your ideal company to work for?
10. Would you consider yourself to be a "Jack-of-all-trades"?
11. What do you like most about being in maintenance?
12. How important is strong customer service to you?
13. Are you comfortable working with hand tools?
14. Where did you get your knowledge in maintenance?
15. If you see a problem, but are unsure of a solution, what do you do? When has this happened to you?
16. Tell me about a goal that you set and did not reach.
17. Tell me about a time when you worked on a team and a member was not doing their share of the work.
18. Tell us about the last time that you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
19. Describe your three greatest accomplishments to date.
20. Think about a difficult boss, professor or other person. What made him or her difficult? How did you successfully interact with this person?
21. What is the riskiest decision you have made? What was the situation? What happened?
22. Tell us about a time when you were particularly effective on prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule.
23. Describe for me a time when you failed at something and how you responded.
24. Describe a situation when you have motivated yourself to complete an assignment or task that you did not want to do?
25. Have you ever been in a leadership role?
26. Are you interested in any continued education?
27. Have you ever been in a customer-facing role?
28. What would your previous boss say about you, if I were to call him or her right now?
29. What type of maintenance work do you dislike doing?
30. What type of electrical work have you performed in the past?
31. What type of electrical training do you have?
32. List the different types of piping materials you have experience with. (Example, PVC, Copper, PEX, etc.)
33. Describe a major change that occurred in a job that you held. How did you adapt to this change?