Lead Teacher Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why do you want a career working with young children?
2. What experiences do you have working with young children?
3. When has a child tested your patience? How did you handle the situation?
4. Are you currently enrolled in obtaining or have you already obtained your CDA? If not, when do you plan to pursue this?
5. How would you handle a child biting another child?
6. When have you dealt with difficult parents before? How do you typically handle their complaints?
7. If a child was being a continuous disruption to the class, how would you handle the disruptive child?
8. In what ways would it be acceptable to discipline a child?
9. Tell me about some of the curricula you have created and used with educating children.
10. What do you enjoy about teaching?
11. What type of observation techniques do you like to use?
12. What teaching methods have you found to work the best with teaching students in this age group?
13. Tell me about the last classroom you worked in. What are some of the things you found success with the students and some of the things you found not to work?
14. If a child is brought into the classroom with an obvious cold, what would you do?
15. Have you ever dealt with an emergency situation when working with children? How did you handle it?