Laboratory Assistant Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me how you organize and maintain detailed, and accurate records in your previous work, or throughout your studies.
2. What are your career goals in the lab? Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. Describe your passion for the work we do at this laboratory.
4. A laboratory assistant will do multiple tasks throughout the day.. Which of these do you enjoy the best? Least?
5. How would a former co-worker or previous supervisor, describe you?
6. What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
7. What makes you the best person for this job?
8. Describe your experience working beyond the laboratory. What unique skills have you developed?
9. How do you handle stressful situations?
10. How detail oriented are you?
11. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
12. What's your ideal company to work for?
13. What laboratory experience do you have?
14. How reliable of a worker are you?
15. Tell me about your education/training.
16. What do you like most about being a Lab Assistant?
17. Are you comfortable working with dangerous chemicals?
18. What type of people do you like working with?
19. As a Lab Assistant, would you want to open your own lab?
20. Give an example of adapting quickly to a new situation.
21. If a nurse or doctor asked you to get the results of a lab specimen, but you are not sure how to run the test, what would you do?
22. There will be instances where additional tasks will be asked by leadership. How do you feel about the tasks I mentioned today, and potentially receiving tasks related to the position that is not listed in this job description?
23. As a Laboratory Assistant, there are a lot of safety protocols that need to be followed, how do you ensure that you are following all of the safety protocols needed in this position?
24. The candidate will be required to order tests in the laboratory information system and needs to be 95% accurate. Give me an example of how you were detail oriented in your previous role as a Laboratory Assistant.
25. Are you familiar with medical technology?