Laboratory Assistant Interview Questions Go Back
1. What are your career goals in the lab? Where do you see yourself in five years?
2. What type of work environment allows you to be the most productive?
3. How would a former co-worker or previous supervisor, describe you?
4. By this time in your career, you should have advanced further. What has slowed down your career progression?
5. Describe your experience working beyond the laboratory. What unique skills have you developed?
6. How do you handle stressful situations?
7. As a lab assistant, many safety protocols need to be followed. How do you ensure compliance?
8. What's your ideal company to work for?
9. What do you like most about being a lab assistant?
10. Tell me about your education/training.
11. Are you comfortable working with chemicals and hazardous substances?
12. Tell me about your relationship with your previous boss.
13. How will you earn the trust of your coworkers?
14. Why do you believe you will have success in this position?
15. In your opinion, what makes you a great problem solver?
16. Are you actively interviewing with other companies? Are you close to offer stage with anyone?
17. Why are you looking for a new position?
18. When would you be available to start?
19. How do you manage your time, even on the busiest days?
20. What questions do you have for me?
21. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume.
22. As a laboratory assistant, are you most interested working in a hospital, physician's office, or a private lab?
23. What are your salary expectations?
24. What would you do if a nurse or doctor asked you to get the results of a lab specimen, but you were not sure how to run the test?
25. Do you hold certification from the American Medical Technologists organization?