Laboratory Assistant Interview Questions Go Back
1. What type of work environment allows you to be the most productive?
2. What are your career goals in the lab? Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. How would a former co-worker or previous supervisor, describe you?
4. By this time in your career, you should have advanced further. What has slowed down your career progression?
5. Describe your experience working beyond the laboratory. What unique skills have you developed?
6. How do you handle stressful situations?
7. As a lab assistant, many safety protocols need to be followed. How do you ensure compliance?
8. What's your ideal company to work for?
9. Tell me about your education/training.
10. What do you like most about being a lab assistant?
11. Are you comfortable working with chemicals and hazardous substances?
12. Tell me about your relationship with your previous boss.
13. What would you do if a nurse or doctor asked you to get the results of a lab specimen, but you were not sure how to run the test?
14. What are your salary expectations?
15. As a laboratory assistant, are you most interested working in a hospital, physician's office, or a private lab?
16. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume.
17. What questions do you have for me?
18. How do you manage your time, even on the busiest days?
19. When would you be available to start?
20. Why are you looking for a new position?
21. Are you actively interviewing with other companies? Are you close to offer stage with anyone?
22. In your opinion, what makes you a great problem solver?
23. Why do you believe you will have success in this position?
24. How will you earn the trust of your coworkers?
25. Do you hold certification from the American Medical Technologists organization?