A janitor or custodian (called caretaker in British English, see American and British English differences) is a person who takes care of a building, such as a hospital, school, office building, or apartment block. Janitors are responsible primarily for cleaning, and often (though not always) some maintenance and security. Similar but more managerial duties (and usually not including cleaning, for example) are performed by a superintendent, often called building superintendent.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Most janitors and custodians work in an office setting, school, government building, warehouse, and factory. Most of the work is done indoors.
1. The pros of a profession as a Janitor and Custodian are a high salery, flexible hours and benifits. May 30th, 2012
2. Clean as a needed basis, whether it is everyday or 2 times per week. July 19th, 2012
3. Explosive diarrhea, it was on the ceiling, walls, and toilet. plus their was that time i had to fish out some XXXL undies out of a clogged toilet. July 19th, 2012
1. If I entered your school building today, what would you want me to see that shows your hard work and dedication to the building?
2. What makes people stay here for many years?
3. What are the most satisfying aspects of this position in your opinion?
4. Will I be working with bio hazzardous waste products?
5. How much training will be given for orientation? What will the work schedule be? Will protective supplies be provided for use?
6. Have you ever been a custodian and if so what was a typical day like? Did you enjoy your job?