Internal Audit Manager Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. If you had an under performing auditor, what would you say to him or her, to help boost their performance?
2. How strong are your analytical skills?
3. What accounting software are you familiar with?
4. Are you skilled in creating flowcharts, presentations and reports?
5. Do you have your CPA designation? If not, do you plan on obtaining it?
6. Are you clear and detailed when it comes to documentation? How important is accurate documentation to you?
7. How will you add value to our company?
8. What improvements would you make as the audit manager, if you were awarded this position?
9. What would you change about an auditors role, if you could?
10. How do you remain focused during a day filled with number crunching and paying acute attention?
11. What do you enjoy most about being an auditor?
12. What is your leadership style? Are you able to take on a leadership role over others who were once your peers?
13. How long have you been an auditor? What has prepared you for the manager role?
14. As a manager, what skills do you possess that help you excel at your job?
15. Have you ever been offered a bribe at any of your previous positions? What did you do?
16. Would you consider yourself to be a trustworthy person?
17. While attending post-secondary, what was your best and favorite subject?
18. In your opinion, what qualities make a great leader?
19. Tell me about your management experience. Do you enjoy being a leader?
20. What do you find most challenging when performing an internal audit?
21. Why do you feel internal auditors have an important role in our company?
22. Have you ever had an employee act unprofessionally towards you? How did you react?
23. In your most recent performance evaluation what positive feedback did your Supervisor have for you? Did they recommend any areas for improvement?
24. How do you manage a healthy work/life balance?
25. Why do you feel you are a good fit for our company?
26. Tell me about your most significant career accomplishment.
27. In your current position, how are inspection reports posted and communicated? Do you agree with the process?
28. Tell me about what areas you audited in your last job.
29. Why do you enjoy auditing?
30. Tell me about an inefficiency you detected during an audit.
31. Have you ever discovered fraud in an audit?
32. Tell me about your accounting education.