Health Educator Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you typically assess the learning needs of your students?
2. Tell me about a successful program you taught. What made it successful and why was it different?
3. What type of communicator are you?
4. Tell me about an effective health education or promotion program which you developed and/or presented.
5. What is your long-range objective?
6. Please share with me an example of how you helped coach or mentor another educator. What improvements did you see in the person's knowledge or skills?
7. What makes you the best health educator for our school?
8. What websites do you like to direct your students towards, in regards to health information?
9. Are you comfortable giving commands to people and leading a group or a team?
10. Tell me about a health related event you have hosted. What was the goal of the event and did you consider it a success?
11. Tell me about your post-secondary education. What was your favorite course and why?
12. If you could start any public health initiative, with an unlimited budget, what would it be?
13. How do you keep yourself a model citizen when it comes to nutrition, exercise, and overall health?
14. Do you have any questions for us?
15. How do you measure progress with your clients?
16. How long do your counseling sessions last?
17. Where do you see yourself in five years?
18. Share an experience when you applied new technology or information in the classroom. How well was it received?
19. Tell me how you organize, plan, and prioritize your work.
20. In what ways can you improve your skills as a health educator?
21. What do you enjoy most about being a health educator?
22. What growing trend worries you the most in regards to peoples health?
23. What do you know about our organization?
24. Why do you want to work for us?
25. Are you efficient with your time?
26. In what ways do you often see people making poor choices in regards to their health?
27. Share an experience you had in dealing with a challenging student and how you handled the situation.
28. Do you collect data and track results as your health education classes are progressing?
29. How would your peers describe you?
30. How do you help clients set goals?