Grounds Maintenance Worker Interview Questions Go Back
1. What various skills do you have in yard care, landscaping, etc?
2. Describe what interests you about yard care, and maintaining the property?
3. On a fertilizer bag, what does the three numbers stand for? Example: 20-20-20.
4. As you walked into our facility today, what did you notice about our property?
5. When is a proper time to apply fertilizer to the yard? What would you recommend for our grounds, without serious evaluation?
6. What experience do you have pruning shrubs and trees?
7. When have you negotiated a contract or a deal with a supplier?
8. When have you ran into an issue with a supplier? What was the issue, and how did you resolve it?
9. You may be in charge of hiring and firing of staff, what type of leadership experience do you have with that?
10. Do you have any mechanical skills?
11. If you were hired for our beginning grounds crew position, where do you see yourself within our organization in five years?
12. Do you believe you are qualified for this role? Do you have proper licenses for this job? If not, are you willing to attend training courses after work hours?
13. When have you misunderstood instructions at your last job? What was the consequences and how did you overcome that?
14. How do you get the best out of your employees or coworkers?
15. Have you operated any landscaping equipment, such as a skid steer?
16. What landscaping experience do you have?
17. Do you have any experience using a zero turn mower?
18. What motivates you to work hard?
19. Tell me a little about yourself.
20. Why do you want to work for us?
21. What part of this job description do you see a potential problem with?
22. What do you see yourself doing within the first days of this job?
23. What type of work environment do you prefer?
24. How long do you see yourself working for us?
25. What skills are essential for this job?
26. Are you efficient with your time?
27. How are your communication skills?
28. Do you work well unsupervised?
29. What type of botany training do you have?
30. How often did you miss work at your last job?
31. When have you had difficulties creating a full lawn? How did you solve the problem?
32. Why should we hire you?
33. Why are you seeking new employment?
34. Why did you leave your former job?
35. Describe a time you were faced with stresses which tested your skills.
36. Are you a detail oriented person?
37. When was the ability to prioritize tasks, important in your last position? Give me an example.