Fintech Security Analyst Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What are your greatest strengths and accomplishments?
2. In your opinion, why does cybersecurity matter?
3. How would you go about securing a network?
4. Talk to me about the WannaCry Ransomware Attack of 2017.
5. How do you keep your own personal data secure?
6. How much do you know about industry cybersecurity law?
7. How do you permanently prevent malicious actors from accessing sensitive data?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
9. Why are you looking for a new job?
10. What do you plan to do your first 90 days on the job?
11. How do you stay abreast of new developments in technology and cybersecurity?
12. Say an employee wants to use a company device on public wi-fi. How do you ensure the security of the device?
13. Tell me what you'd do if someone asked you to break protocol for them.
14. How did you manage to overcome a problem in your last position?
15. What is the difference between a worm and a virus?
16. Explain the difference between symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
17. Discuss what you know about HTTPS, SSL, and TLS.
18. Talk about the differences between encoding, encrypting, and hashing.
19. Do you believe DNS monitoring is important? If so, why?
20. Tell me what the difference is between a threat, vulnerability, and risk.
21. Explain the three ways to authenticate someone.
22. Describe the difference between data protection in transit and at rest.
23. What is a three-way handshake?
24. How do you define residual risk?
25. What is phishing and how can it be stopped?