Financial Analyst Interview Questions Go Back
1. If you could analyze only one type of financial statement for your clients, which financial statement would you choose?
2. Tell me about your experience with annual planning processes.
3. When did you start following the stock market? Have you had success?
4. Explain one financial concept to me.
5. Tell me about a time when you presented an oral report to a client or employer. How did you ensure the information was absorbed?
6. How does the current monetary policy affect your decision making?
7. In your opinion, what profitability models are most accurate for forecasting?
8. When reviewing investment programs, how do you interpret data?
9. Accuracy is very important when making projections based on financial data. How do you ensure accuracy?
10. In your opinion, which is more beneficial: To increase price by one percent OR To increase customer base by one percent?
11. Tell me about the process you follow to create reports.
12. Share with me your thoughts on the recent mortgage crisis.
13. What type of manager brings out the best in you?
14. When entering a new job, describe how you build relationships with your new coworkers and supervisors.
15. How long will it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our team?
16. Do you think honesty is always the best policy?
17. As a Financial Analyst, accuracy is of utmost importance. How would your co-workers describe your attention to detail?
18. Tell me about yourself.
19. What are your salary expectations?
20. Tell me one thing about yourself that you would like to improve upon.
21. Describe for me a time when you made the wrong career decision. How did you correct your misstep?
22. Where do you see your finance career, five years from now?
23. When planning, how often do you create alternative scenarios to help you adjust to changing situations?
24. When looking at the profitability of an investment, what other factors do you consider besides Net Present Value (NPV)?
25. What finance related magazines, newspapers, or journals do you read?
26. What are the most important factors to consider when processing a loan application?
27. How would you explain your job as a financial analyst to someone with no financial background?
28. In your opinion, what are the most important metrics when dealing with investors?
29. Walk me through your finance related education. Which courses were your favorite? Where did you struggle?
30. The financial industry is large; however, it is close knit. Describe your reputation in our industry.
31. How do you evaluate the financial health of a company?
32. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
33. What unique qualities about yourself would you bring to our company?