Finance Manager Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Have you ever had to explain complex accounting concepts to non-finance leaders? How did you go about that task?
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. How do you keep up with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting practices?
4. Identify a time when you made a mistake and the actions you took to correct it.
5. What are some methods you use to motivate your team?
6. How do you mitigate and manage stress?
7. What skills or qualities do you believe a good leader should possess?
8. What skills or qualities do you believe a good Finance Manager should possess?
9. What is your experience with presenting to senior executives?
10. Describe how previous experience has prepared you for the Finance Manager role.
11. Why do you want to work for XYZ Corporation?
12. How would your management style change if your employees and team members worked remotely full time or part time?
13. What experience do you have with analyzing business metrics?
14. What is the role of a Finance Manager as you understand it?
15. What is free cash flow and what does it tell about a company's finances?
16. Do you have experience handling massive amounts of data? Give an example of how you used data to solve a problem?
17. Have you ever been involved in accounting and financial reporting software implementations?
18. What is your approach to budgeting, forecasting and other forward-looking projections?
19. What are some benchmarks that you compare actual results to when completing monthly analysis?
20. Do you have experience using data visualization software?
21. Give an example of a time when you took a manual process and made it automated.
22. What ERP systems have you used?
23. What is the difference between cash flow as presented on the Statement of Cash Flows and Free Cash Flow?
24. What tools do you use to perform the duties of a Finance Manager?
25. How have you managed the annual budget process in previous roles?