Detective Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you handle stressful situations?
2. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Detective?
3. Are you able to communicate with people from all walks of life?
4. Do you have a good memory and the ability to recall small details?
5. How strong are your interview skills?
6. What additional training would you take if you could?
7. What is your interview style as a Detective?
8. How flexible is your schedule? Are you able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed?
9. Tell me about a time that you were ordered to work around the clock. Were you able to maintain your speed and wit throughout the entire shift?
10. While attending post-secondary studies what was your best course? Which course did you struggle with the most?
11. Have you ever had to fire your weapon?
12. How many years did you serve as a Police Officer before being promoted to Detective?
13. How strong are your documentation skills?
14. Tell me about a time when you needed to take on a leadership role. Did you enjoy being a leader?
15. What are your career goals as a Detective?
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
17. How are your communication skills with your superiors?
18. How perceptive are you?
19. Do you strive for excellence in everything that you do?
20. Are you a trustworthy person?
21. Are you able to work with minimal supervision?
22. How do you withstand the ethical dilemmas associated with this unique type of work?
23. Have you ever had to be on stress leave or take a leave of absence since beginning your career as a Police Officer / Detective?
24. Tell me about your physical capabilities. Do you have any injuries or issues that would hinder you on the job?