Dental School Interview Questions Go Back
1. Which dentistry related newspapers, journals or publications do you read to stay in touch with new dental discoveries, and current events?
2. What achievement are you most proud of, so far, on your path to dental school?
3. Have you ever had significant dental work? Tell me about your experience as a patient. What made it memorable?
4. At our university, we seek students who have a true passion for dentistry. What appeals to you most, about working in the field of dentistry?
5. What do you know about our university?
6. Who in your life mentors, or inspires you?
7. We believe in the continual development of our students, both professionally and personally. What is your self-development plan?
8. Many dentists have an area of specialty in which they work. What area of dentistry interests you the most?
9. Are you aware of cases of medical malpractice in the dentistry field? How will you cope if you are faced with one of these situations?
10. How does your family feel about you attending dental school? Do you have a great deal of support?
11. There is a high suicide rate among dentists. How do you feel about this fact and how do you plan on remaining grounded during your career?
12. Tell us about an area of weakness that you would like to improve on while attending dental school.
13. What research did you conduct before choosing to apply to our university?
14. When you suffer a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
15. What questions do you have for us about our university?
16. How do you respond to feedback and criticism? Describe a situation where your work was criticized. What was your immediate reaction to the situation?
17. How well do you think you have performed in this interview today?
18. Talk to us about your current GPA.
19. Dental school is expensive. Have you made a solid financial plan for tuition costs at our university, and beyond?
20. What was your DAT score? Were you happy with it?
21. Do you have aspirations to own your own practice in the future? What appeals to you about business ownership?
22. It is important that our university exercises great discernment when choosing applicants. What is your plan if you are not accepted into our school of dentistry this year?
23. In your opinion, what is the most concerning topic facing the dental industry today?
24. Tell us something that we would not know about you from reading your CV.
25. Why should we accept you over another dentistry student with the same qualifications?
26. What do you feel is the single most important quality a dentist should possess?
27. Tell us about your overall academic performance, so far. Where have you excelled, and where could you improve?
28. What other dental schools have you applied to and where does our university rank?
29. Talk to us about your experience and thoughts on handling blood and saliva. You will be subject to difficult scenarios in your role as a dentist. How do you feel about this?
30. What are you reading right now?