Critical Care Nurse Interview Questions Go Back
1. What was the most traumatizing injury you have witnessed in the ICU before? How did you handle it?
2. How do you handle stressful situations?
3. If your shift ends at 3 p.m. and your replacement hasn't arrived by 3:15 p.m., what do you do?
4. Why do you want to work for us?
5. What qualities do you have that make you successful?
6. What questions do you have for us?
7. What would your co-workers say about you?
8. Are you available for shift work?
9. Do you see this as a long term position?
10. Do you have any questions for us?
11. What nursing organizations do you belong to?
12. What is your ideal hospital to work for?
13. Why should we hire you?
14. Tell me about a time when you had to defend yourself to a doctor, what was your reason and what was the outcome?
15. Do you work well within a team?
16. Being a new nurse is usually difficult, how would you gain your teammates respect?
17. What have you done in the last year to improve yourself?
18. What would your last supervisor say about you?
19. What other hospitals have you applied to?
20. When can you start working?
21. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't read on your resume.
22. What are your strengths?
23. Do you consider yourself a leader?
24. What is your communication style?
25. What is the riskiest decision you've made? What was the outcome?