Controller Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Identify a time when you made a mistake and the actions you took to correct it.
2. How have you interacted with the tax department in your previous roles?
3. In your opinion, why is it important for organizations to have effective internal controls?
4. How do you manage your manager? In other words, what steps do you take to make sure you get what you need from your boss and make both your lives easier?
5. Which financial statement do you feel is the most important and why?
6. What are some methods you use to motivate your team?
7. What is your approach to budgeting, forecasting and other forward-looking projections?
8. How do you mitigate and manage stress?
9. Have you ever been involved in accounting software implementations?
10. How do you keep up with the latest developments in accounting principles?
11. Do you have any experience interacting with external auditors?
12. What are the steps to the monthly financial accounting close?
13. How would your management style change in an increasingly remote environment?
14. Describe how previous experience has prepared you for the Controller role.
15. Do you have experience handling massive amounts of data? Give an example of how you used data to solve a problem?
16. Have you ever had to explain complex accounting concepts to non-finance leaders? How did you go about that task?
17. What skills or qualities do you believe a good leader should possess?
18. What skills or qualities do you believe a good accountant should possess?
19. What is your experience with presenting to senior executives?
20. What ERP systems have you used?
21. What experience do you have with developing business metrics?
22. What is the role of a Controller as you understand it?
23. What attracted you to the Controller role here at our corporation?
24. Where do you see yourself in five years?
25. Give an example of a time when you implemented a policy or procedure that improved a process.