Clinical Research Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your strongest skill as a Clinical Researcher?
2. What is the most fascinating experience you have had during a clinical trial?
3. Are you more interested in the statistics in research or do you prefer to get straight to the answer?
4. In your opinion, what is the most important factor in each phase of a clinical trial?
5. Which industry related current event interests you the most?
6. Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma in your clinical work? How did you handle it?
7. Tell me about your experience in grant writing and fundraising for clinical research.
8. What does the term "clinical research" mean to you?
9. What steps do you take to ensure the safety of your participants during a clinical trial?
10. Discuss a piece of your clinical work and how you arrived at your formulation.
11. Tell me about your dream study.
12. Have you ever been part of a clinical investigation led by the FDA due to non-compliance? How familiar are you with GCP standards and practices?
13. Being a researcher can be really stressful. How do you handle the stress that comes with this line of work?
14. Describe your experience creating and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
15. What motivates you?
16. Are you applying for any other jobs?
17. What was your greatest cost-cutting measurement you accomplished at your previous employer?
18. When you suffer a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
19. We receive a great deal of private funding which requires us to keep very close track or our spending. Outline your experience in budget management and resource allocation.
20. Tell us about the last time that you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
21. Tell me about an error or mistake you made because of a breakdown in communication from you or one of your team members.
22. What are your salary expectations?
23. What are the benefits in leaving your current job for this position?
24. What type of data analysis are you most familiar with?
25. We use a variety of robust internal software programs. What types of data software are you familiar with?
26. Would you like to be a Site Director in the future?
27. Which laboratory techniques are you familiar with?
28. Tell me about a time when you needed to seek advice. What did you learn from the situation? Do you find it easy to ask for help?
29. How do you feel about working in a multidisciplinary team (MDT)? In your opinion, what qualities do members of an MDT need to bring?
30. In your career, which research projects have you taken the most initiative on?
31. What is your current salary?