Clinical Research Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your best skill as a researcher?
2. Can you describe a situation you've encountered in dealing with conflict in the work place? How did you handle the conflict?
3. Outline the therapeutic areas you are familiar with.
4. What do you feel constitutes clinical research?
5. If you had a dream project, what would it be?
6. What is your most fascinating experience you have had in your research?
7. What are the strengths and weaknesses of an approach or model that you have used?
8. Are you more excited to see statistics in research or just like to get straight to the answer?
9. What aspects of your current job do you particularly enjoy? What aspects do you find demanding and difficult? How do you deal with these issues?
10. What do you plan to do once you have finished your training?
11. Tell me what you feel are the beginning steps for every clinical research project?
12. Which current event interests you the most?
13. Tell us about clinical/ethical dilemma that you have faced in your clinical work.
14. How do you think Clinical Psychology should change in order to meet the needs of our multi-cultural society?
15. Will you help raise money for clinical research?
16. What is your definition of Clinical Research?
17. How do you control the safety of your research patients?
18. Describe your project management experience.
19. Discuss a piece of clinical work and how you arrived at your formulation?
20. Describe your experience writing protocols.
21. What are the advantages and disadvantages of cognitive behavioural therapy? What part does emotion play?
22. What are your specific clinical interests?
23. Do you handle tedious tasks?
24. If you had a dream study, what would it be?
25. What would you do if a client came to you saying that they were going to commit suicide when they left you office?
26. Describe your experience monitoring trials to GCP/ICH standards.
27. Being a researcher, can be really stressful, are you ready for the work?
28. Describe your experience writing SOPs and auditing clinical trials.
29. How did you decide on a career in psychology?
30. What would be an example of you giving an assignment or piece of work your best effort and being disappointed by the outcome? What would you do differently?
31. Have you participated in regulatory start up work before? Tell me how knowledgeable you are in that regards.
32. Do you enjoy collaborating with a team?
33. Are you familiar with the software we use?
34. Would you like to be the site director in the future?
35. Would you be okay starting with data entry?
36. What type of data analysis have you done?
37. What do you know about this research?
38. What laboratory techniques are you familiar with?
39. This job requires the ability to work autonomously. Do you think you can do that?
40. Describe your experience within CROs or with CROs.
41. What research projects did you take the most initiative on?
42. Outline your budget and resource allocation experience.
43. Do you think MDT's work? What do members of an MDT need to bring to it to enable it to work well?
44. How have the recent social and political changes in the NHS affected Clinical Psychologists?
45. Tell us about a client where you/there were differences ? how did you deal with this?
46. What do you understand by the term clinical governance?
47. Tell me about a clinical situation where you've needed to seek advice; what lessons did you learn from it?
48. What are the benefits you foresee in leaving your past job for this one?