Clinical Research Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your strongest skill as a Clinical Researcher?
2. What is the most fascinating experience you have had during a clinical trial?
3. Are you more interested in the statistics in research or do you prefer to get straight to the answer?
4. In your opinion, what is the most important factor in each phase of a clinical trial?
5. Which industry related current event interests you the most?
6. Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma in your clinical work? How did you handle it?
7. Tell me about your experience in grant writing and fundraising for clinical research.
8. What does the term, clinical research, mean to you?
9. What steps do you take to ensure the safety of your participants during a clinical trial?
10. Tell me about a study that you dream of participating in, one day.
11. Have you ever been part of a clinical investigation led by the FDA due to non-compliance? How familiar are you with GCP standards and practices?
12. Being a researcher can be really stressful. How do you handle the stress that comes with this line of work?
13. Describe your experience creating and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
14. What questions do you have for me?
15. How do you manage your time, even on the busiest days?
16. Can you talk to me about your GPA during graduate school?
17. When would you be available to start?
18. How many days were you absent from work last year?
19. What are your salary expectations?
20. How would you rate your performance in this interview so far?
21. What type of data analysis are you most familiar with?
22. We use a variety of robust internal software programs. What types of clinical trial management software have you used?
23. Would you like to be a Site Director in the future?
24. Which laboratory techniques are you familiar with?
25. Tell me about a time when you needed to seek advice. What did you learn from the situation? Do you find it easy to ask for help?
26. What are the benefits in leaving your current job for this position?
27. How do you feel about working in a multidisciplinary team (MDT)? In your opinion, what qualities do members of an MDT need to bring?
28. In your career, which research projects have you taken the most initiative on?
29. We receive a great deal of private funding which requires us to keep very close track or our spending. Outline your experience in budget management and resource allocation.
30. How do you handle a larger than average workload?