Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why did you choose a career as a Nurse Specialist?
2. How do you manage stress in your daily work?
3. Why do you want to help people?
4. Describe what you feel to be an ideal work environment.
5. What are your salary expectations?
6. Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve the work in your organization.
7. How do you manage a large workload?
8. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake with a patient. What happened and how did you correct it?
9. Describe a time that you have read a piece of research then implemented the findings into your workplace.
10. How would you mentor a new nurse?
11. What are your interests outside of work?
12. Who is your mentor?
13. What do you know about our facility?
14. How did you learn about this position?
15. Are you a detailed oriented person?
16. What have you done to further your own professional development in the past 5 years.
17. Recall a situation or relationship which suffered from poor communication. What happened and how did you resolve it?
18. What steps have you taken with an uncooperative patient?
19. When did you realize you are comfortable making tough decisions in regards to a patients care?
20. What do you like most about being a Nurse Specialist?
21. What do you like least about being a Nurse Specialist?
22. What training did you find most enjoyable?
23. Why did you apply to our health care facility?
24. How have you prepared for this specialization in nursing?
25. Tell me about a stressful clinical situation and how you handled it.
26. What is your relationship with your physicians?
27. Would people say that you are compassionate?
28. How many scheduled days did you miss during the last three months you worked?
29. What is your favorite type of patient?
30. How do you feel about supervising others and their work?