Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview Questions Go Back
1. Would people say that you are compassionate?
2. What are some highlights of your internship?
3. Have you obtained prescriptive authority?
4. How do you like to be recognized for your nursing accomplishments?
5. When a patient suffers a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
6. Have you progressed in your nursing career as you have expected?
7. Who would you say inspires you?
8. How do you get along with your fellow nurses and physicians?
9. How do you deal with uncomfortable situations?
10. How many days were you absent from work last year?
11. A nurse must have high integrity. When have you shown great integrity at work?
12. Describe a recent issue you had with a doctor or co-worker's decision. How did you handle it?
13. We look favorably on volunteer work. How do you give back to your community?
14. Which automated medical records software are you trained in? Rate your technical abilities from 1-10.
15. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake with a patient. What happened and how did you correct it?
16. What are your salary expectations?
17. As a CNS you will be on your feet most of the day, and often lifting patients. Are you able to meet the physical demands of this role?
18. What do you know about our hospital?
19. Have you had the opportunity to teach an important skill to a co-worker?
20. Do you have a Master's Degree or a Post-Master's Certificate? If so, what is your area of specialty?
21. In which states are you registered to work as a clinical nurse specialist?
22. Would you say you are a better verbal or written communicator?
23. We are looking for a CNS with exceptional leadership skills. Tell me about your leadership qualities.
24. What type of medical equipment are you best versed in?
25. Are you applying for any other jobs?