CAD Drafter Interview Questions Go Back
1. When did you discover your specialty? Why did you choose this area of drafting?
2. What design did you have the most difficult time with? What made it difficult?
3. Do you enjoy collaborating with others?
4. What do you enjoy the most about being a drafter?
5. Do you plan on continuing your education as a drafter?
6. We are looking for drafters that are prepared to handle more duties. How have you advanced beyond simply doing CAD Drafts?
7. What motivates you to work hard?
8. When have you had a dispute with an engineer? What was the disagreement, and how did you two resolve the issue?
9. Do you enjoy working with other drafters, and sharing work, when needed?
10. If I saw your home office right now, what would it look like?
11. Our drafters must know this industry very well, how have you gained experience and insight into this industry?
12. If you could change anything about your current job, what would it be?
13. Tell me about your education. What was your favorite course and why?
14. What are your short- term career goals?
15. What makes you a better drafter than the next person?
16. Tell me about your biggest mistake during a draft. How did you correct it?
17. How do you stay focused on your work throughout the day?
18. What are you passionate about, outside of this career?
19. Can you do layouts on your own?
20. Why did you go to technical school to be a drafter?
21. Would you consider yourself more creative, or technical minded?
22. Tell me about the most complicated schematic drawing you have had to create.
23. What area of drafting are you most interested in - Architectural, Civil or Mechanical?