Bookstore Interview Questions Go Back
1. Are you a reliable person? Tell me about your punctuality and accountability on the job.
2. What do you know about our bookstore?
3. How often do you find yourself reading?
4. How often do you shop for books here?
5. In your opinion, what separates us from the big box bookstores and popular websites?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. What is your favorite genre of books?
8. Why do you want to work here?
9. We have had concerns with employee theft recently. What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?
10. Tell me about your last job. What was your favorite part of the role and why did you leave?
11. What type of manager brings out the best in you?
12. How many days were you absent from work last year?
13. Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
14. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know from reading your resume.
15. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
16. Do you have any leadership experience in a retail environment?
17. Have you had sales goals in any previous roles?
18. If a customer was looking for a particular book that we did not have, how would you turn that into a sale?
19. Are you comfortable handling a cash register and managing transactions?
20. Do you have a favorite author?
21. How would you keep a customer engaged and excited about being in our store?
22. Bookstores continue to struggle, why do you believe they will always be around?
23. How many hours would you like to work per week?
24. What is your favorite book?
25. Is compensation the most important factor for you when taking a new job?