Bookstore Interview Questions Go Back
1. Are you a reliable person? Tell me about your punctuality and accountability on the job.
2. What do you know about our bookstore?
3. How often do you find yourself reading?
4. How often do you shop for books here?
5. How long do you foresee yourself working here?
6. In your opinion, what separates us from the big box, corporate bookstores?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. Why do you want to work here?
9. What is your favorite genre of books?
10. What frustrates you on the job?
11. Tell me about your last job. What was your favorite part of the role and why did you leave?
12. Do you have any leadership experience in a retail environment?
13. Have you had sales goals in any previous roles?
14. Tell me about a contribution you made to the last team you worked on.
15. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
16. What is your favorite book?
17. Tell me about yourself.
18. If a customer was looking for a particular book that we did not have, how would you turn that into a sale?
19. Are you comfortable handling a cash register and managing financial transactions?
20. Tell me about your experiences as a customer service representative.
21. Do you have a favorite author?
22. How would you keep a customer engaged and excited about being in our store?
23. Bookstores continue to struggle, why do you believe they will always be around?
24. How many hours would you like to work per week?
25. How would your last manager describe you?