Audit Manager Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What qualities or skills do you believe a good auditor should possess?
2. Imagine a staff auditor is making mistakes during audit fieldwork. How would you handle the situation?
3. How do you manage your manager? In other words, what steps do you take to make sure you get what you need from your boss and make both your lives easier?
4. How would you deliver excellent customer service to clients in your role as Audit Manager?
5. What would you do if during an audit you found an accounting practice that was suspicious?
6. Are you open to travel with this position?
7. Why do you want to work at ABC Public Accountants?
8. What is your experience with interacting with senior executives at various organizations?
9. How would you handle working in an increasingly remote environment?
10. How would you describe your management style?
11. How do you mitigate and manage stress?
12. What are analytical procedures and what are some examples?
13. In your opinion, why is it important for organizations to have effective internal controls?
14. What areas of public accounting or industries are you most interested in?
15. What is the auditor's responsibility when planning an audit?
16. In an audit, who is primarily responsible for the prevention and detection of fraud?
17. What is the difference between fraud and error?
18. How do you keep up with the latest developments in auditing standards?
19. What is the purpose of audit documentation?
20. Explain how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act changed the auditing profession.
21. As external auditors, how can we rely on the work of internal auditors?
22. How do you feel past experience has prepared you for the Audit Manager role?
23. As an audit manager, what steps would you take to ensure audit fieldwork runs smoothly?