Assistant Principal Interview Questions Go Back
1. How important is a student-centered classroom for you?
2. When have you made a difficult decision, in regards to education? What were the risks of your decision? What was the final impact?
3. When have you worked together with teachers to create a higher standard or a better way of teaching?
4. Who are the stakeholders in each child's education? Do any of these have a higher priority than the others?
5. Why do you want a career as an assistant principal?
6. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
7. How would you describe your leadership style?
8. Do you consider yourself a leader?
9. What would you change about yourself to make you a better assistant principal?
10. How do you get a peer or colleague to accept one of your ideas?
11. Why should we hire you for our school?
12. What do you like about your present job?
13. What is the most difficult situation you have had to face and how did you tackle it?
14. As an assistant principal, what do you believe is your best asset?
15. Describe how you work with others.
16. What three words would your students use to describe you?
17. What makes you passionate about being an assistant principal?
18. How would you help us reach the point where students look forward to being in the classroom and are fully engaged?
19. How do you stay current on new teaching trends and techniques?
20. What strategies would you like to use to achieve higher student performance at our school?
21. What do you know about our school, and our school district?
22. What improvements in the classroom have you made with teachers in the past?
23. What do you envision for our school if you were an assistant principal here?
24. What programs or projects have you been responsible for implementing at your current position?
25. Where do you see yourself in five years from now?
26. Who would you say inspires you?
27. Tell me about yourself.
28. Tell me about your ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
29. When would you be available to start?
30. What questions do you have for me?