10 Archive Technician User Answer Examples
- Describe a difficult project and how you overcame it?
- Well I've worked on several challenging.
- What was your greatest accomplishment as an archive technician?
- What was your biggest disappointment as an archive technician?
- Why should we hire you?
- I am a quick learner, I am motivated and I know I have the skills that you are looking for. Although I may be a new graduate, I have attained experience in a number of different fields that make me a valuable asset. I know I will exceed your expectations in this role and I will work super hard to do so.
- Give me a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- At my internship at the Whyte Museum, I was requires to do a brief inventory of some newly acquired prints. Upon starting the assignment, I realized a lot of them were deteriorating and needed to be rehoused, so as I went through each print recording the inventory, I also made notes about preservation concerns and put the photographs into proper housing.
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- Tell me about a time when you were trusted with confidential information.
- There has never been a time when I was entrusted with confidential information.
- Working at the Banff Centre Archives, I was responsible for assessing all aspects of the collection, addressing preservation concerns, archival needs, processing, and arrangement. Some of the files contained confidential information on current and past employees and I was trusted with these materials.
- Why are you the best archive technician for us?
- I have some experience in working in archives and I think this company would allow me to learn even more.
- Not only do I have experience working in the archival field--during internships as an Archival Assistant, but my program has provided me with a unique background. I have learned the fundamentals of archival standards, but I have also had the opportunity to dabble in other similar fields such as preservation, cataloguing, database work, rehousing. These skills can help me to better manage a collection and process it in the best way possible.
- As an Archive Technician, what do you believe is your best asset?
- Time Management and organization. Working in an archives requires great organizational skills and an ability to manage your time effectively. I have had enough opportunities that have allowed me the opportunities to manage my own work flows and stay organized. I am also extremely motivated and I am an easy learner, so regardless of whether my knowledge of something is extensive, I will find a way to complete a task as best I can.
- What do you feel is the most important skill an archive technician should possess?
- Organization and attention to detail.