Animal Shelter Worker Interview Questions Go Back
1. What was your greatest cost-cutting measurement you accomplished at your previous employer?
2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the requirements of the job.
3. Tell me about a situation where you needed to be patient.
4. When you suffer a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
5. Tell me about a time when you made a suggestion requesting change in an organization.
6. What are your salary expectations?
7. Why are you the best choice for our animal shelter?
8. Why do you want a career as an animal shelter worker?
9. Due to budgeting, we do not have many back-up staff members. How many days were you absent from work last year?
10. How do you handle stress and pressure?
11. How do you stay motivated?
12. What is the greatest challenge of working at an animal shelter?
13. What are your career aspirations beyond this job?
14. How would you handle an issue with a policy or procedure?
15. Have you ever volunteered at an animal shelter before?
16. Can you work evenings, weekends or overtime?
17. How do you feel about administering medication to large dogs?
18. How would you handle a situation where a dog was facing euthanization?
19. How will you help match new pet owners with the best animal for them?
20. Are there any types of animals that you are uncomfortable being around?
21. Quite often we will have animals come to us who have been very poorly treated. How do you control your emotions in these situations?
22. What are your strengths?
23. Tell me about your fundraising experience.
24. How would you describe your work ethic?
25. What are your weaknesses?