Animal Shelter Worker Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you evaluate success?
2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the requirements of the job.
3. Tell me about a situation where you needed to be patient.
4. How do you handle disappointment?
5. What decisions are easiest for you to make? What are the most difficult?
6. Why are you passionate about working in an animal shelter?
7. Why are you the best choice for our animal shelter?
8. Why do you want a career as an animal shelter worker?
9. Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.
10. How do you handle stress and pressure?
11. How do you stay motivated?
12. What is the greatest challenge of working at an animal shelter?
13. Tell me about a time when you reached a goal. What steps did you take to get there?
14. How would you handle an issue with a policy or procedure?
15. Have you ever volunteered at an animal shelter before?
16. Can you work evenings, weekends or overtime?
17. How do you feel about administering medication to large dogs?
18. How would you handle a situation where a dog was facing euthanization?
19. How will you help match new pet owners with the best animal for them?
20. Are there any types of animals that you are uncomfortable being around?
21. Quite often we will have animals come to us who have been very poorly treated. How do you control your emotions in these situations?
22. Do you have any ideas that might help us raise money?
23. Tell me about your fundraising experience.
24. How will working at an animal shelter help you accomplish your career goals?
25. Tell me about your experience working with animals.