Alcohol and Drug Counselor Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why do you want a career as an alcohol and drug counselor?
2. What is the most difficult decision you've made.
3. What is your biggest weakness?
4. What is your greatest strength?
5. How do you manage confrontations with patients?
6. How would your co-workers describe you?
7. How would your boss describe you?
8. How do you monitor the treatment of your patients?
9. How do you handle a patient that has relapsed?
10. How do you incorporate behavior therapy in your treatment?
11. Describe your counseling style.
12. How do you manage a large work load?
13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
14. Who is your mentor?
15. What excites you the most about a career as an alcohol and drug counselor?
16. What is your philosophy towards work?
17. What major challenges and problems did you face at your last position?
18. Describe a difficult project and how you overcame it?
19. What was your biggest disappointment as an alcohol and drug counselor?
20. How do you evaluate success?
21. Why should we hire you?
22. What have your achievements been to date?
23. What are your salary expectations?
24. How well do you work with people?
25. Do you consider yourself a leader?
26. Are you able to cope with stressful situations?
27. By providing examples, convince me that you can adapt to a wide variety of people, situations and environments.
28. What decisions are easiest for you to make?
29. How do you handle your anger?
30. Tell me about your previous boss.