Air Traffic Controllers Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. When you suffer a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
2. Rate your communication skills from 1-10.
3. When would you be available to start?
4. Have you ever worked in a cross-functional environment?
5. What are your salary expectations?
6. Tell me about your leadership qualities.
7. As an air traffic controller, you will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Have you ever broken a confidentiality agreement?
8. We are asking for 8 years of industry experience and you have just 5. Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
9. How many days were you absent from work last year?
10. How do you handle a larger than average workload?
11. When have you worked with a diverse group of people?
12. What experience do you have using team-based messaging applications?
13. Tell me about yourself.
14. With the ongoing changes in the airline and air traffic industries, how do you keep your knowledge current?
15. Have you ever been involved in an emergency situation? How did you react?
16. Being an air traffic controller is a stressful job. How do you handle stressful situations?
17. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
18. As an air traffic controller, what are your strengths?
19. As an air traffic controller, what is your greatest weakness?
20. This is your first job as an air traffic controller. How do you think you'll succeed?
21. Do you consider yourself a patient person? How do you increase your patience level in challenging situations?
22. Do you enjoy shift work? Are there certain hours of the day during which you would prefer not to work?
23. Have you had to deal with an emergency situation in the tower before? How did you handle the situation?
24. What do you like least about being an Air Traffic Controller?
25. How did you become interested in a career as an air traffic controller?
26. Where do you see your career going as an air traffic controller?
27. What qualities do you have that would make you a good air traffic controller?
28. Do you have any air traffic control experience outside of CTI school?
29. ATC's must remain calm at all times. What are your coping mechanisms in times of distress?
30. Why do you want to be an air traffic controller?