Addiction Counselor Interview Questions Go Back
1. In your previous counseling experience, have you ever had to enforce policies you didn't agree with?
2. As an Addiction Counselor, what do you believe is your best asset?
3. What motivates you to succeed?
4. How do you cope with stressful situations?
5. Why do you want a career as an addiction counselor?
6. What decisions are easiest for you to make? What are the most difficult?
7. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
8. What was your biggest disappointment as an addiction counselor?
9. How well do you work with people?
10. What new approaches have you recently tried? What has been successful?
11. How do you cope with a young patient, or any patient, that overdoses?
12. What are your weaknesses?
13. What types of patients do you have the most difficulty treating?
14. What type of patient are you not comfortable being around?
15. Have you facilitated any outreach programs? Tell me about it.
16. How do you involve the patient's family during treatment?
17. How do you handle angry patients?
18. What do you feel is the most important skill an addiction counselor should possess?
19. What is your greatest accomplishment as an addiction counselor?
20. What are your strengths?