Addiction Counselor Interview Questions Go Back
1. In your previous counseling experience, have you ever had to enforce policies you didn't agree with?
2. As an Addiction Counselor, what do you believe is your best asset?
3. What motivates you to succeed?
4. How do you cope with stressful situations?
5. Why do you want a career as an addiction counselor?
6. What decisions are easiest for you to make? What are the most difficult?
7. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
8. What was your biggest disappointment as an addiction counselor?
9. How well do you work with people?
10. How did you hear about this position?
11. What do you like to do outside of work.
12. How do you monitor the progress of treatment?
13. Do you have any questions for us?
14. What is your definition of teamwork?
15. How would your co-workers describe you?
16. How do you manage a large workload?
17. How would your boss describe you?
18. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
19. What are your strengths?
20. What are your weaknesses?
21. What is your greatest accomplishment as an addiction counselor?
22. What do you feel is the most important skill an addiction counselor should possess?
23. How do you handle angry patients?
24. How do you involve the patient's family during treatment?
25. Have you facilitated any outreach programs? Tell me about it.
26. What type of patient are you not comfortable being around?
27. What types of patients do you have the most difficulty treating?
28. How do you cope with a young patient, or any patient, that overdoses?
29. What new approaches have you recently tried? What has been successful?
30. How do you treat your patients?