Academic Dean Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you successfully motivate your team?
2. How do you assess academic performance?
3. As an Academic Dean you will be exposed to a wide variety of people, situations and environments. Do you feel prepared for this?
4. Why do you want a career as an academic dean?
5. How would you handle a situation where one of your faculty members was causing difficulty in the workplace?
6. Why are you the best Academic Dean for us?
7. What immediate changes would you like to see, if you were hired for this position?
8. How do you handle communicating bad news to a fellow worker or subordinate?
9. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
10. Tell me about a time when you improved communication between yourself and a co-worker or client.
11. When do you feel your leadership skills are most effective?
12. What has made you ready for this responsibility?
13. What are your salary expectations?
14. What work situations excite and motivate you?
15. How do you like to encourage ideas in others?
16. What sources do you look to when solving complicated problems?
17. What was your greatest cost-cutting measurement you accomplished at your previous employer?
18. Tell me about an organization or group outside of work that you contributed to.
19. What motivates you to succeed?
20. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
21. What three words would you use to describe yourself as an Educator?
22. Outline your formal education and training.
23. Tell me about your exposure to budgeting and fundraising in your last position.
24. Give me an example of a new academic rule or regulation that you have created.
25. How active to you plan to be with your faculty?
26. Are you familiar with this States academic criteria?
27. What is your proudest moment as a teacher or leader?
28. Would you consider returning to school to complete your PhD?
29. Tell me about your greatest work related accomplishment.
30. Would you consider returning to school to complete your PhD in Business or Education?